12.31.2008

Panettone French Toast

I love breakfast, but I love sleeping in more. With a toddler, sleeping in is a luxury that doesn't happen often. At 7 a.m. I am not a spry thing that wants to cook. So, I naturally gravitate to easy recipes that only take a few minutes. Thanks to Carmen Cooks, this recipe fit the bill. I received some panettone in a gift basket from a vendor and decided it was worth trying. I wasn't sure what to do with it and then I saw Carmen's post. It was really easy to make and my toddler devoured it. Next time I receive some panettone, I'll make this again.

Panettone French Toast
3/4 cup milk
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
8 slices of 3/4 inch thick panettone
a bit of butter for greasing the pan or griddle

Whisk the half & half/milk, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt together and pour into a shallow pan. Lay the bread into the mixture and soak them for a few minutes until just saturated.
Heat a frying pan or griddle over medium-high heat. Rub some butter and place the slices of french toast onto the surface. Cook for about three minutes on the first side (until bottom is browned) and about 90 seconds on the second side.

Serve warm, with syrup.

2 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

I've been really tempted to buy panettone just so I could make french toast with it! Looks like a great recipe!

priscilla joy said...

I LOVE thick french toast. We make ours the same way, the vanilla and milk and cinnamon add a touch like nothing else. Good to see you back Brooke and thanks for the tag!

”