11.10.2008

E is for Excellent

Way back when -- probably a good three weeks ago, Priscilla over at Priscilla's Baking Adventures gave me a blog award right when life started rocking my world. I haven't had the time to properly thank her for bestowing me with this great honor. For those of you that visit my blog often, you know that I love every recipe that Priscilla bakes. If she were my next door neighbor I would be in heaven. I could try every cookie, brownie, truffle, Blondie, you name it -- and walk away without the pounds. Unfortunately, she doesn't live near me so I either end of making some of her delightful baking bites and eating every one or shipping them overseas for Operation Baking Gals. I have found that shipping overseas save my hips from those unwanted calories and allows me to sample a few before packing them up.

Priscilla: I am so going to make the cookie dough truffles. I can't resist them and I'll just have to go to the gym more often.

Now, I get to pass this blog on to a few of my favorite sites. I get inspiration from so many blogs but here are a few of my favorites:

Melissa over at Made by Melissa. A fellow barefoot blogger, she always tempts my taste buds with fantastic recipes. I love her snack food Sunday concept and can't wait to follow her good eats from now until the Super Bowl.

Nancy at A Recipe A Day. I have always enjoyed reading Nancy's blog but it wasn't until I went searching for caramel popcorn that I realized how many of her recipes that I have starred.

Loves to Eat. I love everything about this blog. She has my taste in food. If only I could have Thanksgiving dinner at her house, I know it would be scrumptious.

Jenn at Made With Love. A newlywed, she is such a better cook that I was when I first got married. I love reading her posts and she is my west coast friend.

Melissa at Delicious Meliscious. Dang, this girl is so talented when it comes to making desserts. She puts me to shame. I love looking at her pictures. She has a great oven fried chicken recipe that should appear on my blog, as soon as I have time to write it.

Thanks again, Priscilla. You made my day.

4 comments:

priscilla joy said...

hi brooke. thank you for that write-up on me! i enjoyed reading it. i am so glad you enjoy all my baked goods, and that is great that you make my recipes for the soldiers...wow! getting awards are the best!

Anonymous said...

Brooke ~ thank you so much for giving me the award! I truly appreciate it.

Your blog is great and I will be stopping by often!

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Hey Brooke - Thank you so much for the award! You are TOO kind!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the award! I really appreciate it! I think your blog is excellent as well! :)

”