7.30.2008

Finger Lickin' Chicken Drumettes

OMG! I discovered this great recipe on Stephanie's Kitchen about a week ago, realized I haven't made chicken drumettes before and decided to try it out. Let's just say, I have no idea why it never occurred to me to make chicken wings before. It was incredibly easy -- my toddler even helped me make it -- and it only took a few minutes to mix the ingredients, baste the chicken and into the oven they went. My only regret is that I didn't buy a lot of drumettes -- three for me, one for my son and six for my husband. Never fear, I have learned a valuable lesson -- it won't happen again.

Side note: Check out Stephanie's blog. I have no idea how I discovered it, but it is now a favorite. I even added it to my side bar.

Brown Sugar Barbeque Chicken Drumettes

1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
course salt and black pepper
2 pounds chicken drumettes, patted dry

In a medium bowl, whisk together ketchup, sugar, worcestershire, and vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Set aside 1/2 cup for tossing raw chicken; use rest for baked chicken.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place drumettes on baking sheets and toss with 1/2 cup sauce.
Bake chicken until opaque throughout, 20-25 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through. Toss baked drumettes with a little more sauce and serve the remaining sauce on the side.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Thanks so much for the nice comments! You have a great blog here too!!!

Cate said...

Wow these look great!

”