10.19.2008

Onion Baked Pork Chops

If I had realized how easy this recipe is to make, I would have told my husband to make it on a weekday : )

It's so incredibly easy but it takes an hour to bake. I found the recipe on Carrie's Sweet Life and figured that it would come out from the depths of my reader sooner rather than later. I'm glad it did. I am not a pro at pork chops. In fact, I always mess them up and they end up quite tough. Not this recipe. I master it. Yea!

Sorry about the lack of photos....my camera is dead. I'll post them as soon as I find some batteries.

Onion Baked Pork Chops
4 pork chops
1 pkg. Lipton onion soup mix
2 eggs, well beaten
2/3 cup bread crumbs
1/2 to 2/3 stick butter, melted
2 T. olive oil
Salt
Pepper

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Season pork chops with salt and pepper.

Combine soup mix and bread crumbs. Dip chops in egg and then in bread crumb/onion mixture, coating well. Place in a shallow pan.

Mix melted butter and olive oil in a small bowl and drizzle onto pork chops. Bake covered 1 hour, turning once.

No comments:

”