8.10.2008

Apple Dumplings

Yum, yum, yum. I love these. They are delicious, easy to make and are gone in seconds. I can't tell you awesome these are. I found the recipe in a Rachel Ray Magazine and since butter and sugar are my two most favorite ingredients -- especially combined -- I decided this was just the recipe for me. You won't regret the calories, well maybe, but I still recommend them. Go buy some granny smith apples now!

Apple Dumplings

Flour, for dusting
One 8-ounce can crescent rolls
1 granny smith apple -- peeled, cored and cut into 8 wedges
1 stick (4 ounces) butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup Mountain Dew
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a surface dusted with flour, unfold the rolls. Place an apple wedge on the wide edge of each piece of dough and roll up. Place the dumplings in an 8-inch square baking dish.

In a saucepan, melt the butter with the sugar and cinnamon over medium heat, stir in the Mountain Dew. Pour the mixture on the dumplings. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes; remove the foil and bake 15 minutes longer.

4 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Oooh - what a great way to use Mountain Dew!

Maryanna said...

These dumplings remind me of when I was little. My mom used to make these. Put a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and I'm in heaven.

Kellie H said...

oh my!!!! Those look quite good & sound like a winner

Anonymous said...

I'm Sophie, Key Ingredient's Chief Blogger. We would like to feature this apple dumplin recipe and photo on our blog. We realize it is taken from another source, but we'll be sure to note that...we just feel you've done a great job putting this meal together! Please email sophiekiblogger@gmail.com if interested. Thanks :)

Sophie

”