7.25.2008

Never Fail: Steak & Potatoes

Disclosure: I forgot to take pictures but I promise the meal was good. The house was chaotic, I got a late start and everyone was hungry by the time the food made it on the table. Anyway, I decided the try a teriyaki steak marinade so spice up a good ole' standby. Not my hubby... he likes his steak with only A1, nothing else. I call that boring, he calls it good. I only made enough marinade for one steak, but you can always double this recipe if you want. Oh, and here's one of my favorite tricks...mix the marinade in a ziploc bag, drop in the steak and freeze. When you are ready to thaw it out, just pop it in the fridge and it will marinate as it defrosts. Nifty, huh? I think so.

Teriyaki Steak

Sirloin steak
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons brown sugar (I never measure this, too much brown sugar is a good thing)
1 teaspoon ground mustard
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder


Combine all ingredients in a ziploc bag with the steak. Marinate for at least 8 hours. Put steak on grill, discard marinade and cook to desired temperature.

No comments:

”